If you are serious about business, the Regenesys PDBM is for you.
The Regenesys Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PDBM) degree provides the junior executive that is serious about business an opportunity to get ahead in the business world.
This Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management will enable you to make a real difference within your management practice through active use of frameworks, theories and tools. It will help you to develop a good grounding in the theory and practice of managing and leading, covering the core functions and disciplines of management and helping you to make the connections between them. It provides a framework for a yearlong process of professional development, which challenges you to engage actively with a wide variety of ideas, and to develop a repertoire of techniques and approaches best suited to your own situation and management context.
This programme will enable you to gain a better understanding of your own management practice in the context of learning about different management functions within organisations. You will gain confidence in understanding how they operate and in having successful conversations across these areas, including:
- Organisational Strategy
- Human Resource Management
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Management
- Management Accounting
All of these programmes gives the necessary tools to solve complex business problems and to create organisations that take business ideas and turns them into profits.
On successful completion, participants are awarded the much-coveted Regenesys Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management, from its campus in Sandton, Johannesburg.
- The PDM qualification develops generic management competencies and prepares students for employment in middle management positions.
- Accreditation: The Regenesys PDM is fully accredited as an NQF Level 8 programme (120 credits). For more information on our accreditation status,
- Duration: Minimum – 12 months | Maximum – 24 months.
- Assessment: Each module requires the successful completion of an assignment
and an examination.
- Support: All students have access to forums and discussions with other students, module tutors and an optional orientation session.
Please note that your package includes:
- Pre-training preparation
- Interactive learning material
- Assessment and moderation
- Post-training telephonic and electronic support
- The following is also included for students enrolled for contact classes at the Regenesys Campus
- Professional facilitation
- Catering (applicable to contact courses):
- Secure parking with security presence
- Wireless Internet Access
Excluded from your package (additional costs):
- Registration fees
- Printing of learning material for distance learning (material is supplied in electronic format)
- Private tutoring
- Hard copy textbooks
- Fees are applicable to public courses presented at Regenesys
- Fees exclude the cost of course customisation
- Final graduation and certification will be withheld until full fees have been paid
- In-house courses are available upon request (appropriate discounts offered for 15+ learners are available on request)
This programme comprises of 6 compulsory modules.
Each module is 20 credits towards the final qualification (120 credits).
The South African National Qualifications Framework rates this programme at NQF 8, which is the standard for this type of qualification.
The outcomes for Organisational Strategy, Planning and Management are as follows:
- Understand and explain strategic management terminology and concepts
- Assess the relevance of strategic planning for organisations
- Critically compare and evaluate the processes and applicability of strategic planning models
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Critique various organisational vision, mission and value statements
- Determine the impact of vision, mission and value statements on various stakeholders
- Understand the elements of and the need for a situational analysis
- Develop strategic objectives based on the SMART principles
- Monitor and evaluate the strategic planning process
- Discuss the element of a strategic plan
- Review the interrelationship between the institution’s plan and that of its various units
- Link strategic planning to change management and organisational development processes
The outcomes for Human Resource Management are as follows:
- Interrogate the meaning of various human resource management terminology, concepts, and definitions
- Understand the strategic importance of human resource management in an organisation
- Apply a relevant human resource model to plan for effective human resource management
- Align organisation, team and individual objectives within the strategic framework of an organisation
- Relate legislation pertaining to human resource management to a specific organisational environment
- Understand the impact of organisational development interventions in an organisation
- Evaluate the recruitment and selection processes and procedures within a specific organisation
- Explain the importance of succession planning and career pathing
- Conduct effective performance appraisals
- Explain reward systems in an organisation
The outcomes for Economics are as follows:
- Understand key economic terminologies and concepts
- Distinguish between the macro- and micro-economic environment
- Explain the impact of global and domestic socio-political and economic trends on organisations
- Evaluate the triple bottom line within the context of Economics
The outcomes for Business Ethics and Corporate Governance are as follows:
- Critically explain corporate governance and business ethics terminology and concepts
- Analyse the principles of ethics and ethical leadership and corporate governance
- Determine accountability in respect of corporate governance by analysing policy, legislation and best practice
- Develop processes for implementing corporate governance policy Monitor and evaluate the implementation of corporate governance policy
- Develop a plan to address gaps in corporate governance implementation strategies
The outcomes for Financial Management and Management Accounting are as follows:
- Examine financial management and accounting terminology and concepts
- Examine key management accounting tools and techniques for:
- Assigning product inventory and costs
- Making sound business decisions
- Evaluating performance of business units
- Conduct financial analysis and forecasting
- Manage working capital
- Calculate risk and return on investment
- Develop and successfully manage a budget, cash-flow projections and variance analysis
- Interpret and develop financial management reports such as income and expenditure statements, budgets, cash-flow projections, variance analysis and balance sheets
- Critically assess key processes and principles of successful contracts and tender management in relation to the procurement management process
- Plan and align finances with departmental projects, programmes and policies
- Examine concepts of financial decentralisation, delegation and cost-centre development
- Evaluate models to manage organisational financial management success and failure factors
The outcomes for Research are as follows:
- Understand the concepts and terminologies used in basic research
- Explain the research process
- Describe and differentiate between the different research designs
- Describe the different data collection techniques and tools
- Conduct a critical literature review
- Demonstrate an understanding of sampling and the sampling process
- Know and apply basic data analysis techniques
- Appropriately interpret research findings and make recommendations
- Compile a research report
Students are encouraged to join one of our international study tours. Our next study tour is in October 2014. The programme is on how to do business in India and Dubai and is an ideal opportunity to learn more about business in other countries.
For more information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Mode of Learning: E-learning
- We will cater to your every need online – from workbooks to assignments and your very own tutors to support you every step of the way.
- Earn while you learn.
- Enjoy the advantage of studying wherever and whenever suits you.
- Additional support includes an e-learning platform, online tutors, videos, discussion forums, plus Semester Workshops at our Sandton Campus (you are strongly encouraged to attend these).
Download Online schedule
Download Saturday schedule
Check that you meet the entry requirements below
Choose your modules (two electives) – under structure tab
Choose your start date below
Choose your payment method – select your payment option above to see fees
Pay the registration fee of R500
Send your documentation (registration form, CV, copy of ID document, certified copy/copies of highest qualification/s, proof of payment)
- A 3 year degree (NQF Level 7) and
- Relevant work experience
Exemptions for modules of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management are available in accordance with the academic rules and regulations and must be approved by the Regenesys Registrar on submission of the required information.
Choose your Start Date
Regenesys has two major intakes per year: January and July.
Please consult your Business Development Executive for the alternative options.
- Your completed registration form or you can complete our online application.
- A certified copy of your highest qualification.
- A copy of your Identification Document (ID).
- A copy of your CV, which should include details of all of your work experience.
- Proof of payment of the registration fee so that the letter of acceptance can be processed. Our bank account details for the registration fee are:
Regenesys Management (PTY) Ltd
First National Bank
Branch Code: 250355
Account Number: 620 846 509 20
Once we have received this information, we will assess your application. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the outcomes of their applications within 72 hours. Approved applicants will be sent a letter of acceptance and will be able to start studying with the next intake.
Regenesys assists by helping you optimise your career potential. Our friendly career office assists in all aspects of getting you ready to climb the corporate ladder and achieve your dreams.
As part of the PDBM programme, you get to understand your interests, values, strengths and weaknesses, which is the first step to success in career planning. We employ self-assessment tools and on request make available individual career counselling/coaching to help you determine your optimum career path and identify your goals.
Career Counselling / Coaching
Individual sessions with our counsellors/coaches are available. These sessions are useful to help you clarify your goals and develop personalised job search strategies.
We hold workshops and provide training resources on topics ranging from CV writing and interview skills to business etiquette and networking to prepare you for your job search. Mock interviews can also be arranged to prepare you for real interviews.
In addition, our Leadership Conversations link you to business and industry leaders and shows you which industries and areas are more likely to interest you.
Company Presentations and Recruitment Talks
Companies are regularly invited to make presentations on their businesses and recruiting practices. This is a great way to learn more about different industries and specific company cultures.
Individual contacts and being in the right place at the right time often lead to job opportunities. Students are encouraged to attend off-campus networking events to meet professionals from a variety of industries. Our Alumni Committee also organises informal social functions that bring alumni and students together.
Regenesys offers access to career events for interested individuals and organisations.
Business education involves putting theory into practice. We have assembled a world-class team of faculty with exceptional industry experience. Each member will inspire you with the results of research initiatives and experience-based insights into the best global management practices at work in emerging markets.
Through our exposure to multiple industries, we share best practices, what works and what does not and give you a guide to the subject area that opens up avenues of exploration.
Our study guides include
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
We also provide reading material from leading periodicals, journals, and independent studies of the subject area through provided guidelines.
Access to the campus library is available to students and contains a wide array of books across diverse fields.
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our programme features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
With access to a state of the art online learning system you have access to
- Online tutorials facilitated by a group tutor
- Online activities
- Join in contact modules
Online textbooks are provided in most modules. Purchase of hard-copy textbooks is optional.