The Higher Certificate in Public Management is aimed at those interested in pursuing a career in the public service, or those who have been working for a while in the public service and wish to secure a formal qualification in that field. This programme brings together all the key management functions in helping learners to manage self, projects, people and finances.
The Higher Certificate in Public Management is registered at NQF level 5 with 120 credits. It is a 12-month programme, comprising 6 compulsory modules.
- Accreditation: The Regenesys HCPM is fully accredited as an NQF Level 5 programme (120 credits). For more information on our accreditation status, click here.
- Duration: Minimum – 12 months | Maximum – 24 months.
- Assessment: Each module requires the successful completion of an assignment and an examination.
- Support: All students have access to forums and discussions with other students, module tutors, and an optional orientation session.
Please note that your package includes:
- Pre-training preparation
- Interactive learning material
- Assessment and moderation
- Post-training telephonic and electronic support
- The following is also included for students enrolled for contact classes at the Regenesys Campus
- Professional facilitation
- Catering (applicable to contact courses):
- Secure parking with security presence
- Wireless Internet Access
Excluded from your package (additional costs):
- Registration fees
- Printing of learning material for distance learning (material is supplied in electronic format)
- Private tutoring
- Hard copy textbooks
- Fees are applicable to public courses presented at Regenesys
- Fees exclude the cost of course customisation
- Final graduation and certification will be withheld until full fees have been paid
- In-house courses are available upon request (appropriate discounts offered for 15+ learners are available on request)
Mode of learning
Two to three full days of classes per module every four to six weeks. The number of days is dependent on the specific module
Check that you meet the entry requirements below
Choose your modules (two electives) – under structure tab
Choose your start date below
Choose your payment method – select your payment option above to see fees
Pay the registration fee of R500
Send your documentation (registration form, CV, copy of ID document, certified copy/copies of highest qualification/s, proof of payment)
- NQF Level 4 qualification or
- Minimum 23 years old and 2 years work experience* and
- Basic computer skills
Choose your Start Date
- Regenesys has two major intakes per year: January and July.
- Please consult your Business Development Executive for the alternative options.
- Your completed registration form or you can complete our online application.
- A certified copy of your highest qualification.
- A copy of your Identification Document (ID).
- A copy of your CV, which should include details of all of your work experience.
- Proof of payment of the registration fee so that the letter of acceptance can be processed. Our bank account details for the registration fee are:
Regenesys Management (PTY) Ltd
First National Bank
Branch Code: 250355
Account Number: 620 846 509 20
Once we have received this information, we will assess your application. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the outcomes of their applications within 72 hours. Approved applicants will be sent a letter of acceptance and will be able to start studying with the next intake.
Regenesys assists by helping you optimise your career potential. Our friendly career office assists in all aspects of getting you ready to climb the corporate ladder and achieve your dreams.
As part of the Higher Certificate in Public Management programme, you get to understand your interests, values, strengths and weaknesses, which is the first step to success in career planning. We employ self-assessment tools and on request make available individual career counselling/coaching to help you determine your optimum career path and identify your goals.
Career Counselling / Coaching
Individual sessions with our counsellors/coaches are available. These sessions are useful to help you clarify your goals and develop personalised job search strategies.
We hold workshops and provide training resources on topics ranging from CV writing and interview skills to business etiquette and networking to prepare you for your job search. Mock interviews can also be arranged to prepare you for real interviews.
In addition, our Leadership Conversations link you to business and industry leaders and shows you which industries and areas are more likely to interest you.
Company Presentations and Recruitment Talks
Companies are regularly invited to make presentations on their businesses and recruiting practices. This is a great way to learn more about different industries and specific company cultures.
Individual contacts and being in the right place at the right time often lead to job opportunities. Students are encouraged to attend off-campus networking events to meet professionals from a variety of industries. Our Alumni Committee also organises informal social functions that bring alumni and students together.
Regenesys offers access to career events for interested individuals and organisations.
Public management education involves putting theory into practice. We have assembled a world-class team of faculty with exceptional public and development sector experience. Each member will inspire you with the results of research initiatives and experience-based insights into the best global public management practices.
Our study guides include
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
We also provide reading material from leading periodicals, journals, and independent studies of the subject area through provided guidelines.
Access to the campus library is available to students and contains a wide array of books across diverse fields.
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our programme features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
Highly recommended textbooks may be purchased online or from recommended suppliers.