The contact and e-learning Higher Certificate in Business Management, set at an NQF level 5, is a twelve month qualification that develops generic management competencies and prepares students for employment in junior management positions. Successful HCBM candidates may apply to enrol for the second year of a BBA degree (each application will be considered on merit and must meet specified requirements).
- Accreditation: The Regenesys HCBM is fully accredited as an NQF Level 5 programme (120 credits). To see more information on our accreditation click here.
- Duration: Minimum – 12 months | Maximum – 24 months.
- Assessment: Each module requires the successful completion of an assignment
and an examination.
- Support: e-Learning/online or contact sessions, depending on the mode of learning chosen. All students have access to forums and discussions with other students, module tutors and an optional orientation session.
Please note that your package includes:
- Pre-training preparation
- Professional facilitation
- Interactive learning material
- Assessment and moderation
- Post-training telephonic and electronic support
- Catering (applicable to contact courses):
- In-class water and mints
- Morning refreshments and an assortment of wholesome sandwiches
- A two-course lunch
- Secure parking with security presence
- Wireless Internet Access
Excluded from your package (additional costs):
- Registration fees
- Printing of learning material for distance learning
- Private tutoring
- Prices are applicable to public courses presented at Regenesys.
- In-house courses are available upon request (appropriate discounts offered for 15+ learners are available on request).
- Prices are subject to change.
- Prices exclude the cost of course customisation.
- Final graduation and certification will be withheld until fees have been paid in full.
Year 1: Compulsory Modules
- Fundamentals of Business and Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Information and Communication Technology
Each module will require an assignment and an examination. The qualification is supported by an e-learning platform.
A radical new flexible mode of learning
Regenesys’ flexible mode of learning allows you the choice of weekend or evening classes, of being in class or participating in class through online live streaming, or alternatively, scheduling your own studies using online materials. This, along with reading material, videos and interactive sessions with tutors, makes the classroom accessible to anyone.
Choose a Mode of Learning that suits your needs:
- Two to three full days of classes per module every four to six weeks. The number of days is dependent on the specific module.
- All e-learning support is also available to contact learning students.
- We will cater to your every need online – from workbooks to assignments to your very own tutors to support you every step of the way.
- Earn while you learn
- Enjoy the advantage of studying wherever and whenever suits you.
- Additional support includes an e-learning platform, online tutors, videos, discussion forums, plus Semester Workshops at our Sandton Campus (you are strongly encouraged to attend these).
Check that you meet the entry requirements below
Choose your modules (two electives) – under structure tab
Choose your start date below
Choose your payment method – select your payment option above to see fees
Pay the registration fee of R500
Send your documentation (registration form, CV, copy of ID document, certified copy/copies of highest qualification/s, proof of payment)
- NQF level 4 qualification (e.g. Senior Certificate/O Levels/High School Equivalency Certificate)
- Minimum 23 years old and 2 years work experience* and
- Basic computer skills
*subject to an RPL process
Choose your start date
Regenesys has two major intakes per year: January and July.
Please consult your Business Development Executive for the alternative options.
Your completed registration form or you can complete our online application.
- A certified copy of your highest qualification.
- A copy of your Identification Document (ID).
- A copy of your CV, which should include details of all of your work experience.
- Proof of payment of the registration fee so that the letter of acceptance can be processed. Our bank account details for the registration fee are:
Regenesys Management (PTY) Ltd
First National Bank
Branch Code: 250355
Account Number: 620 846 509 20
Once we have received this information, we will assess your application. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the outcomes of their applications within 72 hours. Approved applicants will be sent a letter of acceptance and will be able to start studying with the next intake.
Regenesys assists by helping you optimise your career potential. Our friendly career office assists in all aspects of getting you ready to climb the corporate ladder and achieve your dreams.
As part of the HCBM programme, you get to understand your interests, values, strengths and weaknesses, which is the first step to success in career planning. We employ self-assessment tools and on request make available individual career counselling/coaching to help you determine your optimum career path and identify your goals.
Career Counselling / Coaching
Individual sessions with our counsellors/coaches are available. These sessions are useful to help you clarify your goals and develop personalised job search strategies.
We hold workshops and provide training resources on topics ranging from CV writing and interview skills to business etiquette and networking to prepare you for your job search. Mock interviews can also be arranged to prepare you for real interviews.
In addition, our Leadership Conversations link you to business and industry leaders and shows you which industries and areas are more likely to interest you.
Company Presentations and Recruitment Talks
Companies are regularly invited to make presentations on their businesses and recruiting practices. This is a great way to learn more about different industries and specific company cultures.
Individual contacts and being in the right place at the right time often lead to job opportunities. Students are encouraged to attend off-campus networking events to meet professionals from a variety of industries. Our Alumni Committee also organises informal social functions that bring alumni and students together.
Regenesys offers access to career events for interested individuals and organisations.
Business education involves putting theory into practice. We have assembled a world-class team of faculty with exceptional industry experience. Each member will inspire you with the results of research initiatives and experience-based insights into the best global management practices at work in emerging markets.
Through our exposure to multiple industries, we share best practices, what works and what does not and give you a guide to the subject area that opens up avenues of exploration.
Our study guides include
- Complete guide to study materials
- Self-contained guide with all module requirements
- Examples and case studies
- Clear learning outcomes
- Activities that can be completed individually or as part of a team
We also provide reading material from leading periodicals, journals, and independent studies of the subject area through provided guidelines.
Access to the campus library is available to students and contains a wide array of books across diverse fields.
Different modules have different assessments ranging from individual presentations, group presentations and written assignments.
In addition, our programme features
- Tutor-marked assignments
- End-of-module assessments
- A written examination
With access to a state of the art online learning system you have access to
- Online tutorials facilitated by a group tutor
- Online activities
- Join in contact modules
Online textbooks are provided in most modules. Purchase of hard-copy textbooks is optional.