The Management of HIV and AIDS in the Workplace course explores critical issues of HIV and AIDS and its impact within the workplace. The course offers insights into the history of HIV and AIDS, global trends, and the care continuum of HIV positive people. It highlights prevention strategies, critical workplace issues, policy on HIV and AIDS and best practice in HIV and AIDS management.
- Understand HIV and AIDS and be familiar with the history of HIV/AIDS and global trends
- Be familiar with the continuum of care of HIV-positive people
- Be able to deal with the fear and stigma of HIV/AIDS
- Be able to describe how to counsel people affected by HIV/AIDS
- Be familiar with the implications of HIV/AIDS in the workplace
- Be able to develop workplace strategies for HIV/AIDS prevention
- Have an appreciation for the importance of an HIV/AIDS policy in the workplace
- 2 days contact time including facilitation and group activities.