The Comparative Management Trends course explores the latest management and leadership trends and models, globally and locally, and their strategic implications for public service change. The course unpacks underpinning philosophies and schools of thought creating and influencing the trends, from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
- Have an overview of global trends in management and governance
- Be familiar with the philosophy and principles of systems theory
- Be able to describe and critique contemporary leadership theories
- Have an understanding of management challenges facing the public sector in South Africa
- Advance their understanding of potential applications of the management trends for one’s own organisation/ department
- 2 days contact time including facilitation and group activities