The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with: a foundation of basic project management knowledge and skills which can be used to build further project management related competencies. Competence are built in order to become an effective project team member. To provide administrative support to a project manager and team members and to provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large projects
The learners accessing this qualification will be working in or with project management teams or using a project approach to their business. These projects may be technical, business, government or community orientated and will cut across a range of economic sectors.
This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system.
Qualifying learners working on a project will have the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to function more effectively and in a professional manner, add value to their job performance and enhance their ability to follow and implement policies and procedures.
On achieving the applied competencies of the qualification, learners may advance their career opportunities further into project administration, support services or management within an organisation, in all sectors.
The Certificate in Project Management is registered at NQF level 4 with 136 credits. It is a 12 month programme, comprising 4 compulsory modules.
- Contribute and provide assistance to a project’s scope, life cycle activities and the effective execution of the project plan by applying the correct range of project management tools and ensuring project work is carried out according to plan.
- Support the implementation of the project plan in response to outcomes evaluated and assessed; and provide related inputs to keep the project on track.
- Perform administrative duties related to the project and documentation requirements and administer project meetings and workshops.
- Contribute to project financial management issues related to cost budgets for an element of work.
- Work with and support team project members working on the designated project.
- Perform procurement duties related to the project undertaken.
- Supervise a project team and implement a range of procedures and systems related to one of the following types of projects; developmental, technical or business.
- 50080: Further Education and Training Certificate: Project Management
NQF level 4
Learners are expected to complete a total of 1 360 notional hours within a 12 month period.
The course is offered as a block release programme comprising of 4 modules. Each module consists of 2 to 4 days contact, self-study, assignments as well as examinations.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
This qualification is accredited with the Council of Higher Education. Regenesys Management (Pty) Ltd. is registered as a private higher education institution by the Department of Education of the Republic of South Africa in terms of section 54(1)(c) of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act no. 101 of 1997), and Regulation 16(4)(a) of the Regulations for the Registration of Private Higher Education Institutions, 2002.
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
Course Modules Summary
Fundamentals of Project Management
Work as a project team member, apply a range of project management tools, accommodate audience context needs in oral communication, read, analyse and respond to a variety of texts, write for a wide range of contexts, write for a range of communicative contexts, engage in sustained oral communication and evaluate spoken texts.
Contribute to project initiation, scope definition and scope change control, schedule project activities to facilitate effective project execution, participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budgets for an element of work and monitor and control actual cost against budget, apply knowledge of statistics and probability to critically interrogate and effectively communicate findings on life related problems, use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business, national and international issues.
Fulfill procurement activities and supervise procurement administration, implement project administration process according to requirements, plan, organize and support project meetings and workshops, support the project environment and activities to deliver project objectives.
Project Monitoring & Evaluation Provide
Assistance in implementing and assuring project work is conducted in accordance with the project quality plan, identify, suggest and implement corrective actions to improve quality, conduct project documentation management to support project processes, contribute to the management of project risk within own field of expertise, identify, organize and co-ordinate project life cycle phases for control purposes, monitor, evaluate and communicate project schedules, evaluate and improve the project team’s performance.
This certificate is also offered as a learnership incorporating workplace experience and mentoring